Friday 10 March 2023

And now there are four............





Here is the youngest of them,


some time ago, demonstrating one of her first smiles. She's a bit older now and she has more hair and lots more coordination and a good amount of chatty babble, but there's something special about this early smile. Surprise and joy! How wonderful to be so new, so fresh, so delighted by what you see for the first time.

We still haven't met, little M and I. She and her three year old brother live in Austria, amid mountains and clean alpine air and lots of snow. When the snow melts and the Alpine flowers start to emerge I'm hoping to visit and meet my fourth grandchild, second grand-daughter. Each son's family has a boy and a girl, and their ages now range from ten years to four months.

This is the loveliest part of my ageing life, to know that the four of them are there, healthy and loved in their different locations.

10 comments:

  1. How lovely to see a post from you, and such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan: thank you, it's very kind of you to comment after my loge absence.
    I am greatly looking forward to meeting this little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back in blogland.
    That is a lovely smile..

    ReplyDelete
  4. gz: special thanks to you. It's lovely to know that people are still reading and commenting after my time out.
    Little M's smile is infectious. I haven't too long to wait before seeing it for real rather than on-line.....but I also greatly appreciate FaceTime, zoom and anything else than enables me to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie to another little!

    Such a funny and sweet expression. She may have a future as a comedian.

    I've been only rarely blog-writing myself, work has taken over the part of my brain that once needed to write to be expressed. Every stage of life has it's own creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zhoen: More special thanks!
    I think you could be right about her future. M and her brother have just done a great performance on FaceTime for me. As a rising five month-old little M has a great chortling laugh, mainly directed at her big brother who is obviously fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

  7. So nice to see you posting again though I've been absent a lot myself too. That smile is magic! I'm sure you'll get a similar smile when you meet her - lucky girl to have such a loving Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly and Pam: thank you both for commenting despite my long gap in blogging. I don't want the little one ever to feel left out, and I'm greatly looking forward to spending time with her and her big brother in May.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How good to see your post - and the truly adorable photo. I would agree with you that the best thing about ageing is the grandkids. It is really terrific to see them so eager to get involved in all the incredibly exciting things they can see around them!

    ReplyDelete